The advantages of our furniture go beyond quality craftsmanship and smartdesigns. At Sorrentino Mariani, we are constantly looking for ways to improve the integrity of our furniture and our production process. This unique approachhas resulted in Sorrentino Mariani implementing practices that benefit theenvironment, employing the latest manufacturing standards and providing pieces that are crafted to the highest specifications. Please take a few moments to review our specifications and discover the benefits of ourmanufacturing process.
Terms & Conditions
All orders are subject to available line time and management approval. All orders must be in writing and shall be deemed accepted when the corporate office in Norfolk, VA. issues a written acknowledgment. This confirmation serves as a contract once signed between Sorrentino Mariani & Company and the buyer.
Total estimated lead time for most jobs is 12 to 16 weeks. The line time for an order begins when Sorrentino Mariani & Company has verified the validity of the items ordered by the receipt of the deposit and the signed confirmation, accepting all terms, by the buyer.
FOB Factory, Norfolk, VA. All quotations are based upon shipping blanket wrapped via air-ride trailers, with driver assist, full replacement insurance. While we will help coordinate all bids and deliveries and help with any freight claims, all charges and terms are negotiated strictly between the buyer and shipper. All shipments must be carefully inspected for shortages and visible and concealed damage upon arrival. All freight claims must be noted on the carrier receipt and signed by the delivering driver. Freight claims are to be filed directly with the shipper.
Important Note: There is an up charge per case if cartons are required.
Credit & Payment
50% Deposit with order entry / Balance Net 10; or, 1/3 Deposit with order entry, 1/3 prior to shipment and 1/3 Net 10, upon credit approval. A credit application will be furnished. Invoices relevant to partial shipments are payable as they fall due.
As part of our endeavor to offer the buyer every resource available through Sorrentino Mariani & Company we actively maintain assistance with custom design and special size requirements.
This design service has been used by scores of clients for the realization of their concepts. We welcome your ideas and special needs and will carefully review them and submit a cost proposal for your consideration. The feasibility of this program is dependent, of course, on minimum quantity limitations. Otherwise, the scope of our capabilities is nearly unlimited. Once the client has verified that pricing is within their budget requirements, Sorrentino Mariani & Co. will develop and forward furniture drawings and elevations.
All merchandise is manufactured in accordance with our high industrial and design standards and is warranted to be free from defects of material and workmanship for a period of five years, and protected with a lifetime guarantee on all drawer slides, from the date of delivery or placement in storage. This warranty covers goods under normal use and in service under conditions for which the merchandise was designed. Our obligation during the warranty period is limited to repair or replacement at our option. This warranty becomes null and void on any goods repaired or altered by any person not so authorized by Sorrentino Mariani & Co. or any merchandise which has been subject to misuse, improper storage, or negligence.
- Panels and joints doweled, glued, pocket screwed and cleated as necessary.
- Commercial grade glue with all excess glue cleaned from surfaces exposed during normal use.
- All structural members glued and screwed in place.
- All tops (unless otherwise specified) surfaced with high pressure laminate with a minimum 45 lb. density industrial grade particle board core with fine face particles and proper backing sheet to prevent warping. Tops are laminated using contact, semi-ridged (PVAC), or rigid (ureas, resorcinol) adhesives, to provide for type two (2) bondage. Edges as specified by customer, either wood, veneer, mdf, or self edged. Where marble, granite or similar approved tops are used, a sub-top of ½" (minimum) plywood will be provided.
- Off the floor cases over 60" in length have center supports.
- All screws, square headed #8 and #6, with sufficient screw bite.
- Butterfly joints used on mitered bases and aprons where applicable.
- Wood dowels 8mm D x 35mm L hardwood.
- Drawer front construction ¾" thick hardwood plywood core with applicable veneer face, 3 ply veneer edged banding on all four sides. Solid wood with edge profile if specified. Five (5) sided box construction, with ½", 9 ply, BV Baltic birch, sanded and splinter free. Dovetail construction. Bottoms1/8" thick white NVM or wood bottom finished. All perimeter construction bead glued and captive.
- Side mounted euro glides, 100LB. H.D., positive out stop, lifetime guarantee. Mounted with wood rails and appropriate screws.
- Precision ball bearing glides. Full exterior positive outstop. Lifetime guarantee. Mounted with wood rails, appropriate screws, or otherwise specified.
- All exposed wood and unexposed solid parts made from selected hardwoods are sound with no splits, checks, knots, tears, open glue lines, wormholes, washables, or other defects that might affect strength or appearance.
- All unexposed solid wood members are hardwood and free from defects, which would affect appearance or serviceability. All wood materials kiln-dried to moisture content of 6 to 7%. Exposed veneer surfaces shall be select sliced hardwood and are matched as to pattern and color.
- All face veneers and balancing back veneers shall be applied with waterproof glue under controlled pressure. To control and contain veneer checking, all crossbands for fancy-faced plywood have uniform multi-directional strengths.
- High-pressure laminates meet the federal specification common to the industry (LP508H). Minimum standards for casegood tops are:
- Formica - GP .030 thickness
- Micarta -GP .030 thickness
- Nevamar - GP .030 thickness
- Pionite - GP .030 thickness
- Wilsonart - GP .030 thickness
- The use of P.F. and HF4 grades of laminates is used on vertical applications if specified.
- Wood particleboard or MDF cores shall conform to commercial standards Type 1, Grade B, Class II. 45 lb. density industrial weight. 3 to 5 ply construction with backer, ¾ " thick.
- All work conducted under direct supervision of competent and experienced woodworking specialists & engineers. Doors are to be free of rattle, squeaking, warp or rubbing. All doors to be approximately uniform in clearance.
- Catches properly aligned and installed.
- Drawers are free-running with no binding or sticking. Drawers with side mounted metal glide shall operate freely with no squeaking or rattling. Drawer guides and runners securely fastened and properly positioned to assure correct drawer alignment.
- Route lines, cut-outs, or grooves smoothly machined and/or sanded. Shapes, carvings, and "U" cuts are to be finished smoothly with no visible unfinished or rough areas.
- Drawer interiors and storage compartments are to be sanded smooth and free of glue or lacquer runs. Sides, ends, bottoms are to be free of splinters, snags, slivers, staples, nails and screws.
- Hardware, such as hinges, pulls, latches, catches, glides, etc., attached so they fit and operate properly and serve their purposes during transit and use.
- Mitered corners to be square, flush, tight and well glued.
- Glides, casters and ferrules properly attached to remain permanently in place at all times.
- Face-nailed molding and overlaps nailed as inconspicuously as possible with nails countersunk and filled where applicable. Back nailing used whenever possible.
- All items furnished under this section shall be guaranteed against manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials. Repairs of such defects during the first year, after final completion and acceptance, shall be made by the manufacturer at its cost and expense without charge to the purchaser or the hotel. All such replacements and repairs shall be made at a time and at hours mutually satisfactory to both the owner and factory.
Appearance & Finish
- Color of like finishes are color-fast, uniform and compatible between pieces manufactured in the plant.
- Distressing, shading, highlighting and splatter in any one group shall be consistent and uniform between pieces and from one cut to another.
- Interior surfaces of compartments and drawers are to be free of dirt, dust, shavings or any foreign matter prior to finishing.
- Finish rubbed to required smoothness and sheen and dried to prevent marring or printing on the surface when packed.
- Edges and backs of doors and drawers finished to be compatible with exterior.
- Excess pumice, oil, wax and rubbing compound wiped clean after rubbing.
Our experience has taught us that keeping production close to home provides our clients with more benefits than manufacturing overseas. The most important of these is controlling the quality of our product with a highly skilled workforce and close attention to the manufacturing process.
We deliver this quality while remaining competitive on price. Sorrentino Mariani is able to provide real savings when all aspects of producingfurniture are factored into the price - not just manufacturing. Our shipping method is an example where we save our clients money.We blanket wrap all our deliveries which eliminates the disposal costs associated with our packaging methods.
Keeping production in America also streamlines communication through every step of our process. From our clients' initial instructions all the waythrough to the final installation, nothing is lost in translation. And since every facet of our operation is in America, our clients also receive responsive customer service, competitive pricing and on-time delivery.
A very important reason for keeping manufacturing here is creating jobs. Our workforce includes men and women who have valiantly served our country. We are especially proud of these individuals. Our retired service people are an important part of what makes Sorrentino Mariani a leaderin casegood manufacturing.